Seismic Data Processing Course: September 2015
An Introduction to Seismic Data Processing
Presented by: Ian James
This five day course serves as an introduction to seismic data processing. It provides a brief theoretic background in geophysics, reinforced with practical processing experience using GLOBE Claritas™ software. The objectives of seismic processing are explained with a focus on the consequences and pitfalls of processing decisions, on the final seismic image.
Where: School of Geosciences, University of Witwatersrand, 2050 Wits
When: 14th - 18th September 2015
How Much: ZAR8000 per person
About the course
This is an introductory course, no previous seismic processing knowledge required. Computers running GLOBE Claritas™ will be provided.
The course is designed to give attendees practical experience in processing land seismic data from field data to final migration. The main objectives for each attendee will be:
- An understanding of the objectives of seismic data processing
- An understanding of typical seismic processing flows
- Experience in parameter testing for seismic data processing
- Experience in troubleshooting seismic data processing flows
- Experience in applying seismic processing flows